Child Sexual Abuse Conference: Traumatic Impact, Prevention, and Intervention
On October 29-30, 2012, the Justice Center held this conference which featured informative lectures about the impact, prevention, and intervention of child sexual abuse. Keynote speakers included Sugar Ray Leonard and Elizabeth Smart, survivors of child sexual abuse.
Project Status: Held on October 29-30, 2012
- Doris Mackenzie, Ph.D. (email@example.com)
- Kate Staley, Ph.D.
About the Project
- The Justice Center, in collaboration with the College of the Liberal Arts and Penn State Outreach, organized this conference which was attended by nearly 500 people.
- The conference appealed to various groups of people such as researchers, practitioners, advocates, and survivors.
- Keynote speakers included Sugar Ray Leonard and Elizabeth Smart, survivors of child sexual abuse.
- A community discussion panel held the night before the conference featured an open-dialogue conversation between survivors and the audience.
- This conference served as an important event in Penn State’s efforts to become a leader in the research, prevention, and treatment of child sexual abuse.