Mifflin County Adult Treatment Court (MCATC) Evaluation
This research study is examining current treatment practices being delivered by the MCATC and determining whether these services correspond to best practices in corrections. Researchers are also investigating whether the MCATC is structured to support future outcome evaluation activities.
- Principal Investigator: Gary Zajac, Ph.D. (email@example.com)
- Research Assistant: Laura Winger, M.S.
About the Project
- Funded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, this project involves a process evaluation of the drug court operated by Mifflin County, PA, which is immediately south of the University Park campus.
- Mifflin County received funding to start and operate its drug court, and also to support initial evaluation activity which was conducted by the Justice Center.
- Do the treatment services offered by the MCATC correspond to best practices in corrections and the principles of effective offender intervention?
- Is the MCATC structured in such a way as to support future outcome evaluation activities, for example, are the data systems for MCATC sufficient for information needed by evaluators?
- Research activities include review of data systems and examination of treatment practices being delivered by the MCATC.