Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement Training Institute (PACSETI) Evaluation
The Justice Center is working with Penn State’s Justice and Safety Institute (JASI) on the ongoing evaluation of the Pennsylvania Child Support Enforcement Training Institute (PACSETI). PACSETI is a major, long term project of JASI, which is an original partner of the Center. PACSETI provides all of the training for the child support enforcement caseworkers throughout Pennsylvania. The Center is serving as the evaluation partner for PACSETI, and Diana Samardzic’s position is funded through this partnership. Dr. Zajac is part of the PACSETI management team, and is working with Diana on an ongoing program evaluation around PACSETI.
- Principal Investigator: Gary Zajac, Ph.D.
- Research Assistant: Diana Samardzic, M.A
About the Project
- PACSETI is funded through a multi-year contract from the PA Department of Human Services, Bureau of Child Support Enforcement, to JASI.
- Training targets are caseworkers employed by the Domestic Relations Sections within Pennsylvania's county courts.
- Diana is based out of the School of Public Affairs at Penn State Harrisburg, pursuant to the nascent linkage between the School, JASI, and the Center.
- What are the impacts of PACSETI on caseworker training satisfaction, knowledge gain, job behavior and ultimately more distal performance outcomes of the county Domestic Relations Sections.
- Evaluation plans are now being developed.
- Strong implications for the operations of the county DRS offices and the success of the child support enforcement mission.